Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Assessing Fickleness

I always have trouble finishing side projects because I get bored with them quickly.  Lately I have been trying to decide what I want to play with next so I an informal assessment against myself to find out what I am interested in.  Here are the results:

Game programming     xxxxxxxxxxxx
Graphics                       xxxxxxxxxxx
Clojure                          xxxxxxxxxx
Groovy                          xxxxxxxx
Ruby                              xxxxxxx
Android                          xxxxxx
iOS                                 xxxxx
Grails                              xxxx
Flex                                 xxxx
Gaelyk                             xxx
Java                                 xx
JavaScript                       x
HTML5

It wasn't very scientific, I basicaly did a "Face mash" where I compared every technology in pairs and pick the one I liked the most.  Since game and graphics programming are especially prevalent with Clojure, Groovy or Ruby, I decide perhaps I should do with Android.  That logic leads to this grouping:

Game programming     xxxxxxxxxxxx
Graphics                       xxxxxxxxxxx
Android                        xxxxxx

Clojure                         xxxxxxxxxx
Groovy                         xxxxxxxx
Ruby                             xxxxxxx


iOS                               xxxxx
Grails                            xxxx
Flex                              xxxx


Gaelyk                          xxx
Java                              xx
JavaScript                    x

HTML5

It should be noted Android only beat iOS by one and that was probaby due familiarity with the programming language.  Android's Java is easy for me to grok and be productive.

What does this mean?  Almost nothing.  We'll see in the morning I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment