Thursday, July 14, 2011

ÜberConf 2011 coming to an end

I got a rare opportunity this year to attend the ÜberConf in Denver, Colorado.  At the Columbus NFJS event, I helped set up and some other minor things and kept pushing the organizer, Jay Zimmerman, to let me help in Denver.  It worked.

I arrived Sunday at 4pm and began working at 5pm.  Wow.  I earned it this year.  That first night Ben and I worked on binders etc. until 1:30 am.  We got up Monday morning relatively early and began working of flash drives.  Throughout the day we did session handouts, projectors and general room arrangement.

Monday didn't end until 10:30 or so I think.  Tuesday the first wave of the conference began.  I helped in the Android workshop and Ben the iOS workshop.  Good times.  I was helpful the first half of the day but the second half we were doing SMS messaging among other things and I was at a bit of a loss there.

Honestly I had only messed with Android for a month or so since Jay said I could go if I helped with that session.  Not bad to do with a Java background.  iOS sound more sexy to me though since I'm a Mac guy.

In any event, with one day left I am tired but excited about some things I learned.

Now if I could only remember some of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment